The list of things to do in Rochester this winter can be limitless! We’ve pulled together 50 activities that will keep you busy this season including outdoor and indoor activities, special events and so much more.
It’s time to bundle up!
1. Adopt-a-maple tree at Kettle Ridge Farm
2. Go ice-skating at Bill Gray’s Iceplex, Dick’s House of Sport, or Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park
3. Hit the slopes at Bristol Mountain or Swain Ski Resort
4. Taste the fruits of New York State at the Annual NYS Ice Wine Festival at Casa Larga Vineyards
5. Enjoy fresh seasonal produce and other locally made goodies at the Rochester Public Market
6. Explore Cumming Nature Center's 12 miles of trails. Grab some snowshoe or ski rentals for added fun!
7. Enjoy a nature hike, sledding, snowshoeing and more in Monroe County’s more than 12,000 acres of parkland and traditional Native American winter games at Ganondagan State Historic Site
8. Say "WOW!" when you visit the Rochester Museum & Science Center's Wonders of Water exhibit
9. Explore the Butterfly Garden at The Strong Museum of Play
10. Root for the home team with the Rochester Americans and the Rochester Knighthawks
11. Visit an indoor garden at the Lamberton Conservatory in Highland Park
12. Trek through the Skyline Climb at The Strong Museum of Play
13. Run, jump, and climb at Altitude Trampoline Park
14. Challenge the kids with arcade games at Clubhouse Fun Center
15. Make a visit to the Rochester Public Library, and see if your kids can find the elusive secret room in the children's section
Ready, Set, Go!
16. Warm-up with a rhythm riding cycling or power vinyasa flow yoga class at Compass Cycle & Flow
17. Venture through these iconic Monroe County Parks
18. Climb to new heights at RocVentures
19. Craft your own candle scents at Scents by Design
20. Compete with friends at Dave & Busters in Marketplace Mall
21. Soar with aerial yoga, bungee fitness, silk ribbons, and the flying trapeze with classes at Roc City Circus
22. Discover something new with Day Trips Around Rochester
23. Take a class and learn new skills from local experts at the Rochester Brainery
24. Take advantage of the indoor fields at Total Sports Experience and Tri-County Sports Complex
Stay Warm with Local Libations (21+)
25. Take a brewery tour with Crush Beer & Wine Tours or Rochester Pedal Tours
26. Visit a Rochester/Finger Lakes brewery (or all of them!) Discover local beer at Fairport Brewing Company, Genesee Brew House, Nine Spot Brewing, Red White and Brew, Roc Brewing Co., Rohrbach Brewing Company, Sager Beer Works, Strangebird, Young Lion Brewing, and more.
27. Enjoy tasting flights, wine by the glass, cheese boards, chocolates, and nibbles at Rochester's only urban winery—Living Roots Wine & Co.
28. Sip a craft cocktail at Bar Bantam, Good Luck, Radio Social, Recreo, The Cub Room, Velvet Belly, and more.
29. Hit the trails—the wine trail that is! During our coldest season warm up with a visit to one of several local wine trails, including Lake Ontario, Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, and Cayuga Lake wine trails. Don't miss out on wine tastings at 20 Deep Winery, Arbor Hill Winery, Belhurst Castle and Winery, Casa Larga Vineyards, Deer Run Winery, and Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery!
30. Stop by for a tasting at Black Button Distilling—Rochester’s first craft distillery since Prohibition, or enjoy small-batch bourbon whiskey from Iron Smoke Distillery
31. Enjoy live music, local beer, and wine while shopping at the Record Archive—the first record store in New York State to serve beer and wine
Brighten Your Day with Rochester Arts & Culture
32. Beat the winter doldrums with Dutch Connection—the George Eastman Museum’s annual floral display
33. Learn about iconoclasm in Ancient Egypt through the Striking Power exhibit at the Memorial Art Gallery
34. Stop by the Eastman School of Music for a student or faculty concert
35. Celebrate woman’s suffrage with a trip to the National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House
36. Attend a poetry or book reading at Writers and Books
37. Get inspired by ARTISANworks's 500,000+ item collection
38. See a performance of A Christmas Carol or Ain’t Misbehavin’ at Geva Theatre Center
39. Listen to a performance by the Rochester Oratorio Society
40. Enjoy the magic of Sleeping Beauty at the Rochester Broadway Theatre League
41. Relax with a spa day at The Spa at Woodcliff, The Spa at the Del Monte, or Ape + Canary on Strathallan
42. Catch a performance of The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey at Blackfriars Theatre
43. See an independent or foreign film at The Little Theatre and enjoy their delicious popcorn!
44. Attend Image City Photography Gallery’s latest exhibit, Excellence!
45. Remember a classic fairy tale with Hansel and Gretel at OFC Creations
46. Laugh out loud during a show at Comedy @ The Carlson
47. Attend a performance of Gala Holiday Pops performed by the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra
48. Warm up by watching live glassmaking shows at the Corning Museum of Glass
49. Try your luck at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack, or Del Lago Resort & Casino
50. Post pictures of your wintertime adventures! Don’t forget to tag us on social or use our hashtag #VisitROC to share how you’re ROCking this winter.