The list of things to do in Rochester this winter can be limitless! We’ve pulled together 50 activities that will keep you busy this season including outdoor and indoor activities, special events and so much more.
If you plan to visit specific locations, please be sure to check directly with those entities for the latest event information and to view their COVID-19 operating guidelines.
It’s time to bundle up!
Adopt-a-maple tree at Kettle Ridge Farm
Taste the fruits of New York State at the Annual NYS Ice Wine Festival at Casa Larga Vineyards
Enjoy fresh seasonal produce and other locally-made goodies at the Rochester Public Market
Explore Cumming Nature Center's 12 miles of trails. Grab some snowshoe or ski rentals for added fun!
See dinosaurs come to life at Rochester Museum & Science Center's Expedition: Dinosaur exhibit
Explore the Butterfly Garden at The Strong Museum of Play
Visit an indoor garden at the Lamberton Conservatory in Highland Park
Trek through the Skyline Climb at The Strong Museum of Play
Run, jump, and climb at Altitude Trampoline Park
Challenge the kids with arcade games at Clubhouse Fun Center
Make a visit to the Rochester Public Library, and see if your kids can find the elusive secret room in the children's section
Ready, Set, Go!
- Warm-up with a rhythm riding cycling or power vinyasa flow yoga class at Compass Cycle & Flow
- Jump it out at Altitude Trampoline Park
- Climb to new heights at RocVentures
- Craft your own candle scents at Scents by Design
- Compete with friends at Dave & Busters in Marketplace Mall
- Soar with aerial yoga, bungee fitness, silk ribbons, and the flying trapeze with classes at Aerial Arts of Rochester and Roc City Circus
- Escape to explore a virtual world at VR Playground—Rochester's premier virtual reality arcade
- Take a class and learn new skills from local experts at the Rochester Brainery
- Take advantage of the indoor fields at Total Sports Experience and Tri-County Sports Complex
Stay Warm with Local Libations (21+)
- Take a brewery tour with Crush Beer & Wine Tours or Rochester Pedal Tours
- Visit a Rochester/Finger Lakes brewery (or all of them!) Discover local beer at the Genesee Brew House, Rohrbachs, Roc Brewing, Young Lion Brewing Company, Sager Beer Works and more.
- Enjoy tasting flights, wine by the glass, cheese boards, chocolates, and nibbles at Rochester's only urban winery—Living Roots Wine & Co.
- Sip a craft cocktail at Bar Bantam, Good Luck, Radio Social, The Cub Room, and more
- Hit the trails—the wine trail that is! During our coldest season warm up with a visit to one of several local wine trails, including Lake Ontario, Keuka Lake, Seneca Lake, and Cayuga Lake wine trails. Don't miss out on wine tastings at Arbor Hill Winery, Belhurst Castle and Winery, Deer Run Winery, and Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery!
- Stop by for a tasting at Black Button Distilling—Rochester’s first craft distillery since Prohibition, or enjoy small-batch bourbon whiskey from Iron Smoke Distillery
- Enjoy live music, local beer, and wine while shopping at the Record Archive—the first record store in New York State to serve beer and wine
Brighten Your Day with Rochester Arts & Culture
- Beat the winter doldrums with Dutch Connection—the George Eastman Museum’s annual floral display
- See Kota Ezawa’s work in the National Anthem exhibit at the Memorial Art Gallery
- Stop by the Eastman School of Music for a student or faculty concert
- Celebrate woman’s suffrage with a trip to the National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House
- Attend poetry or book reading at Writers and Books
- Get inspired by ARTISANworks's 500,000+ item collection
- See a performance of Airness or Constellations at Geva Theatre Center
- Listen to a performance by the Rochester Oratorio Society
- Dance along to Dancing with the Stars Live at the Rochester Broadway Theatre League
- Relax with a spa day at The Spa at Woodcliff, The Spa at the Del Monte, or Ape + Canary on Strathallan
- Catch a performance of Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind at Blackfriars Theatre
- Ever hear of pizza popcorn? Yes, you heard that right—see six shows at The Little Theatre for a free bag of your very own pizza popcorn, and other goodies
- Attend Image City Photography Gallery’s latest exhibit titled: The Magic of Light
- Reminisce with the music of ABBA and/or The Beatles with tribute bands The Fab Four and ABBA MANIA at KODAK Center
- Laugh out loud during a show at Comedy @ The Carlson
- Attend a performance of Jurassic Park in Concert—enjoy this classic movie franchise with a soundtrack performed by the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (Note: Due to COVID-19, this performance has been postponed)
- Warm up by watching live glassmaking shows at the Corning Museum of Glass
- Try your luck at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack, or Del Lago Resort & Casino
- Post your #VisitROC pictures! Don’t forget to tag us on social or use our hashtag (#VisitROC) to share how you’re ROCking this winter.