ROCHESTER LILAC FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2017 DATES AND SPECIAL EVENTS
Wednesday, December 21, 2016 6:00 PM
The 119th annual Rochester Lilac Festival, named one of The Weather Channel’s Top 10 places to visit in May, will take place on May 12-21 next year. The event is the largest 10-day free festival in the country.
“We have so many exciting things planned for next year’s Lilac Festival,” said Festival Producer Jeff Springut. “Early announcement of dates and special event activities gives our sponsors, vendors, and visitors from across the northeast more planning time, which is a great benefit to all.”
2017 Rochester Lilac Festival Special Events
- First-annual Craft Beverage Expo: an exciting mix of national, regional, and state-wide craft beer, wine, cider and spirits over three big days. This event has something for every craft beverage drinker.
- Thursday, May 18 – Saturday, May 20
- Daily Sessions: 12:30 p.m. -4:00 p.m. & 5:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Lilac Run 5K & 10K: jog, run, or walk with 2,500 of your closest friends, through the beautiful Highland Park gardens that boasts the largest lilac collection in the U.S. with more than 500 varieties on 1,200 plants.
- Sunday, May 21 (5K starts at 9:00 a.m. 10K starts at 10:15 a.m.) *an hour later than last year!
- New Afterparty in front of the Sahlen’s Center Stage
- Live music, Red Jacket Orchard Juices, snacks, Dunkin Donuts coffee and bagels
- Pancake breakfast, mimosas, bellinis, beer and wine available for purchase
For the first time in the Festival’s near 120-year history, holiday presale tickets are available for purchase at www.lilacfestival.com. With the holiday season around the corner, now is the perfect time to surprise friends, family members or even yourself, with a gift that tastes, smells, and sounds like fun in the sun. Tickets for the Craft Beverage Expo and Lilac Run registrations are discounted by $5.00 until January, 15.
500,000 visitors from across the Northeast and Southern Ontario visit the Rochester Lilac Festival every year. With exciting special events, more than 120 bands and musical acts, 320 premium arts and craft vendors, and the largest collection of lilacs in the country – the 119th Annual event is set to be the greatest yet. This time-honoured Rochester tradition is all made possible by the Festival’s local, regional and national sponsors.
Want to put your business in the spotlight of the 2017 Rochester Lilac Festival? Contact Joseph Dolce at (585) 473-4482, Joe@RochesterEvents.com or Jenny LoMaglio at (585) 473-4482, jennylo@RochestrEvents.com to learn about available vendor and sponsorship opportunities.
Current Sponsors include: Sahlen’s, Genesee Brewery, Labatt Blue, Pepsi, Farmers Insurance, Red Jacket Orchards, Radisson Rochester Airport Hotel, Gnarly Head, House of Guitars, Frontier Communications, People Inc., Dunkin Donuts, Casa Larga Vineyards, Woodcliff Hotel and Spa, Hampton Inn by Hilton, and Lifespan.
For more information about the festival visit www.lilacfestival.com.