ROC the Riverway is an exciting new initiative in Rochester, NY to expand the use of the Genesee River and better leverage the value of Rochester’s riverfront.
This project consists of more than two dozen projects, including the completion of the Genesee Riverway Trail along the riverfront through the Center City, and a redesign of Charles Carroll Plaza and Genesee Crossroads Park. The plan also envisions significant upgrades to major riverfront facilities, including the Blue Cross Arena at the War Memorial; the Joseph A. Floreano Rochester Riverside Convention Center; and the Rundel Memorial Library building.
We're excited to share the completed projects so far, and what is soon to come in development on the Genesee River!
- To use a $500M investment to create a $2.8B economic impact with:
- Park improvements
- New parks / public spaces
- Trail upgrades
- New trail connections
- Infrastructure improvements
- Public facility upgrades
- Private development sites
- Promenade at Erie Harbor
- Riverside Convention Center North Terrace
- ROC City Skate Park
- Aqueduct Re-imagined & Riverfront Promenades
- Charles Carroll Plaza Phase 1: Sister Cities Bridge
- Corn Hill Navigation Tour Boat
- High Falls Waterworks Building & Gorge Vertical Access