Come Play in Our Backyard!
The ideal family destination, Rochester has over 75 family-friendly attractions within a one-hour drive of the city limits. Experience diversity, food, culture, history, and the beautiful outdoors in this stunning area of New York State. Most importantly, have some fun! Here in Rochester, we have something for every family and it’s all waiting for you to explore. Learn about the past, climb a waterfall, play your way through a museum, or find your new favorite restaurant. With fun for every family, every season of the year, playtime tends to last a little longer in our backyard.
We are delighted to welcome you to our beautiful area. We hope you will have plenty of time to explore some of what we have to offer in the Rochester area! We know you will find fun attractions to visit, a wide variety of dining options and much more to enhance your visit. Here are some additional resources that may interest you during your stay:
- For affordable, convenient accommodations, see Places to Stay.
- There's so much for families to explore in our city. Find even more family fun with Things to Do with Kids.
- From garbage plate to gourmet, the Rochester food scene has something for everyone. Browse restaurant listings here, and find a fun guide for foodies in the ROC Foodie Bucket List.
- There's always something fun going on in Rochester. See our events calendar here.
- P.s. If you are driving in to ROC, be sure to make some stops along our Upstate Eats Food Trail.