- Dates: September 25, 2021 - September 26, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Times: September 25th & 26th
- Admission: Free addmission for spectators and free parking! Ample (FREE) parking is available in the Strong Memorial Hospital/University of Rochester parking lot off of Kendrick Road. It’s about a three minute walk to the course
- Location: Genesee Valley Park
- Address: 1000 E River Road Rochester , NY 14623
- Phone: (585) 520-1166
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: https://rochestercyclocross.com/
Rochester Cyclocross is a UCI sanctioned Class 1 international cycling competition that takes place annually in Rochester, NY.
Cyclocross is best described as an off-road bike race mixed with a steeplechase running race. Riders race laps around a short course (2.5 to 3.5km / 1.5 to 2 miles) that usually features some pavement, some dirt, some woods, some steep hills and for good measure, some obstacles thrown in that require riders to dismount, work their way through and then get back on and ride some more. Races last about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the classification of the rider.
Cyclocross races are held in the fall and winter and have been huge in Europe going back at least fifty years, though interest in the U.S. has picked up at a rapid rate in recent years (the fastest growing sport in U.S. cycling). If you’re interested in witnessing one of the most exciting cycle sports or looking for a new way to keep in shape, check out the ROCHESTER CYCLOCROSS race as a spectator or a participant!
Other entertainment for the event includes music with an amazing professional race announcer, a Food Truck Rodeo, an amazing beer garden featuring brews from Rochester’s own Rohrbach Brewing Company, and fantastic coffee from Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters.