Andy Warhol Portfolios: A Life in Pop Works from the Bank of America Collection
- Dates: October 25, 2020 - March 28, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Start Time: 11:00 AM
- End Time: 5:00 PM
- Times: From: 11:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Admission: Included with museum admission.
- Location: Memorial Art Gallery
- Address: 500 University Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-1484
- Phone: (585) 276-8900
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://mag.rochester.edu
Andy Warhol Portfolios: A Life in Pop
Works from the Bank of America Collection
October 25, 2020–March 28, 2021
Filmmaker, photographer, painter, commercial illustrator, music producer, writer and even fashion model—Andy Warhol was a true radical in his approach to art. The breadth and significance of his influence has made him one of the most important artists of the 20th century. This exhibition features selections from Warhol’s forty-year span of work in the art of photographic silkscreen printmaking. While many of the works were made in the 1970s and 1980s, their subject matter—iconic people, trends, and issues—reflects his decades-long process of mirroring popular American culture.
shown: Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe (Marilyn), 1967.
From a portfolio of ten screenprints on paper, 3/250, Bank of America Collection.