Yuletide in the Country Tours & Buffet
- Dates: November 30, 2018 - December 16, 2018
- Times: Please visit our website for current tour times
- Admission: Please visit our website for current pricing
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: (585) 294-8218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: https://www.gcv.org/events/yuletide-in-the-country-tours-buffet/
Take part in an event that harkens to the Christmases of yesteryear with Genesee Country Village & Museum's Yuletide in the Country Tours. The year is 1849, and New York has just declared Christmas an official state holiday. The snow-covered Historic Village is alight with activity as the villagers hear this news and begin their Christmas preparations. As you visit the homes and businesses of these villagers, you will take part in music, dancing, and family traditions, such as lighting the Christmas tree. Daytime tours allow for a beautiful afternoon walk through the village, while nighttime tours offer a serene lantern-lit walk.
Tours are led by a costumed guide and last approximately 1 ½ hours. Be prepared to walk and stand for the tour’s entirety. Due to this, along with the uneven walkways and sometimes steep stairways, tours are not recommended for those with walking difficulties. Tours are also not recommended for infants and children under the age of ten. Reservations are required.
A Yuletide buffet dinner is also offered in the Banquet Center, beautifully themed for the holiday season. Seating is every half hour 4:30pm-8:00pm on nights of the Yuletide tours. Reservations are required.