When We Were Young & Unafraid
- Dates: March 23, 2018 - April 8, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sundays at 2 p.m. (no show April 1st)
- Admission: $28.50-$36.50
- Location: Blackfriars Theatre
- Address: 795 E. Main Street Rochester, NY 14605
- Phone: 585 454 1260
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.blackfriars.org/young-and-unafraid
Praise for Sarah Treem and her new work: “Ms. Treem…has come up with a smart and exciting premise to bring characters of different backgrounds—and different notions of what it means to be a woman at a pivotal historical moment—into proximity and conflict.” – The New York Times | “WHEN WE WERE YOUNG AND UNAFRAID is a stark reminder of how rare it is to see such urgent subject matter tackled in mainstream theater.” -NBC NY.
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
In this powerfully poignant and moving new play, we find ourselves in 1972, before Roe v. Wade and the Violence Against Women Act. Agnes has turned her quiet bed and breakfast into one of the few spots where victims of domestic violence can seek refuge.