Vale of Three Falls
- Dates: May 20, 2018
- Start Time: 8:00 AM
- End Time: 1:00 PM
- Times: From: 08:00 AM to 01:00 PM
- Admission: Price varies by registration date and distance.
- Location: YellowJacket Racing
- Address: Parade Grounds - Letchworth State Park Portageville, NY 14536
- Phone: 585-732-1090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.yellowjacketracing.com
"Dare to Experience" Sehgahunda!
WHY “SEHGAHUNDA”? WHY LETCHWORTH STATE PARK?
The Sehgahunda Valley (“Vale of Three Falls”), which encompasses the portion of the Genesee River Valley, was comprised of several villages settled by the Seneca People. The locations of these villages make up the current boundaries of Letchworth State Park.
Letchworth State Park spans over 14,000 acres, with miles and miles of trails - all with varying degrees of technicality to challenge both experienced runners and casual hikers. Many of the trails that make up this race are the very trails used by the Seneca Indians to access the Genesee River, which bisects this valley, giving rise to its nickname “The Grand Canyon of the East.”
We dare you to experience the beauty, history, and challenge of this unique event!
- Chip Timing by YellowJacket Racing including Net Time (The time from when the gun goes off until you cross the start line is subtracted from your official gun time to get your net time) and splits at each of the relay exchange points. Note: As per USATF Rule 163 we do not use net times for awards, they are provided by us to you as an additional service only.
- Plenty of food and drink will be available at the finish line for runners and volunteers.
- Hang out, enjoy some food, listen to some music and cheer on your fellow survivors as they come across the finish line. Feel free to bring your own favorite recovery beverage.
- All participants that register prior to midnight on April 15, 2018 will receive a custom bib with their name printed on it.
- Distance specific custom finisher medal to all finishers, with an additional medal for the Sehgahunda 72!
- Day 1 - Hoodie to all 26.3 solo registrants, long sleeved cotton shirts for the relay team registrants
- Day 2 - Short sleeve cotton t-shirt for each distance (they'll be different!)
- Amazing scenery!