- Dates: March 5, 2020 - March 26, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Thursday
- Start Time: 7:00 PM
- End Time: 9:00 PM
- Times: From: 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
- Admission: No cover.
- Location: The Little
- Address: 240 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14604
- Phone: (585) 232-3906
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://thelittle.org/event/Feb16/djangoners
The Djangoners take their inspiration from Django Reinhardt and his famous Jazz band from late 1930s Paris and London - The Hot Club of France - arguably the most famous Jazz band Europe ever produced. Django Reinhardt was born into a family of Gypsies and began playing music early but at age 18, he was seriously injured in a fire that rendered two fingers on his left hand useless and doctors believed he would never play guitar again. Reinhardt persevered in rehabilitation and developed a technique using only two fingers for his spectacular guitar solos. In mid-1930s Paris, Django joined forces with violinist Stephane Grappelli and formed the Hot Club of France, which went on to a prolific recording and performance career popularizing Django's original compositions and his renditions of American jazz classics.