The Addams Family
- Dates: April 20, 2018 - April 21, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Times: Friday and Saturday, 7:30 PM, Sunday, 2 PM
- Admission: General Admission $15/ Seniors $13/ Students $7.50 at the door with ID.
- Location: Nazareth College Arts Center
- Address: 4245 East Ave. Rochester, NY 14618
- Phone: 585-389-2170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: https://www2.naz.edu/events/2277/
Presented by Nazareth College Theatre and Dance Department and Theatre League.
It’s every father’s nightmare. Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family—a man her parents have never met. And if that weren’t upsetting enough, Wednesday confides in her father and begs him not to tell her mother. Now, Gomez Addams must do something he’s never done—keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia—just as his entire, ancient family hosts a dinner for Wednesday’s ‘normal’ boyfriend and his parents.
The Addams Family features an original story in which two worlds collide, causing everything to change for two families on one fateful night. Will everyone go home vaguely depressed, or will love triumph to create one new, extended family?
American Charles Addams' cartoons appeared regularly in The New Yorker magazine from 1938—when he drew the first rendering of what came to be called The Addams Family—until his death in 1988. The cartoons, one of which is shown here, originally appeared as an unrelated group of 150 single panels, only half of which were published. They have since been adapted to other media, including live and animated television, films, video games, and a stage musical.