- Dates: March 23, 2019 - March 24, 2019
- Admission: Reserved Seats: $18
- Location: JCC Hart Theater
- Address: 1200 Edgewood Avenue Rochester, NY 14618
- Phone: (585) 461-2000
- Web Site: https://tickets.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=6a3d1b8d76de991e60d3a490875c254b&vqitq=100795ac-7720-4eba-b60c-3c5cda199724&vqitp=3a9908e9-9296-4e04-a9cc-ed907f964e6d&vqitts=1537550717&vqitc=vendini&vqite=itl&vqitrt=Safetynet&vqith=0cc2b2275d1fa4
A New Play by Wendy Kout
Inspired by the Words and Lives of Rochester Holocaust Survivors
Directed by Sandi Henschel
Crafted from the actual words and experiences of ten Rochester-based Holocaust survivors, CenterStage Theatre and the Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester commissioned this new play to put a human face on this important time in history. A cautionary tale on the risks of normalized hate, this play ensures that the voices of Rochester survivors will never be silenced.
Survivors weaves the shocking and inspirational stories of Eva Abrams, Erich Arndt, Arthur Herz, Ellen Lewinsky, Rosemarie Molser, Henry Silberstern, Helen Przysuskier,
Evie Schuerman, Kurt Weinbach and Carl Voldman.
The production team of Survivors would like to sincerely thank CHAI (Center for Holocaust Awareness and Information) and the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester, The Alliance for Jewish Theatre, Skylight Theatre (Los Angeles), Bonnie Abrams and Barbara Appelbaum.
We would like to especially thank all the survivors and their families for sharing their stories.
Saturday, March 23 at 8pm
Sunday, March 24 at 2pm
Reserved Seats: $18
Donations Appreciated. Ask About Underwriting Opportunities.
Proceeds will support the further development of Survivors and CenterStage/TYKEs Theatre education outreach initiatives.
Recommended for ages 13 thru adult