Storybook Summer: I Got the Rhythm (Virtual Event)
- Dates: July 13, 2020 - July 17, 2020
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Start Time: 10:30 AM
- Times: Starting: 10:30 AM
- Admission: FREE
- Location: The Strong Museum
- Address: One Manhattan Square Rochester, NY 14607-3998
- Phone: (585) 263-2700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.museumofplay.org
Enjoy your favorite books during The Strong’s Storybook Summer virtual event happening weekdays from July 6 through September 4. Each day at 10:30 a.m., head to the museum’s Facebook page for unique crafts, active play ideas, and special guests—all themed around a different children’s book each week. Plus, visit The Strong in person or on Facebook live for interactive readings of the featured books on Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
This week, show off your moves with I Got the Rhythm and follow along as a young girl hears her world come to life through music. Create your own castanet, dance ribbons, and drum to groove to the beat. Assemble a xylophone using fruit and learn a new dance with Dr. Ashley Campbell, cofounder and Africologist of Ballet Afrikana: Dance Prep Academy.