Rosalyn Engelman: Beauty is Everywhere
- Dates: December 22, 2017 - April 8, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Start Time: 11:00 AM
- End Time: 5:00 PM
- Times: From: 11:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Admission: Included with gallery admission: $15 for adults; $12 for seniors; $6 for college students and youth 6-18; free for children 5 and under and UR students, faculty, and staff
- Location: Memorial Art Gallery
- Address: 500 University Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-1484
- Phone: (585) 276-8900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://mag.rochester.edu
Rosalyn Engelman (American, born 1938) is a painter, sculptor, and installation artist. She works with a variety of materials and produces art with a striking range of expressive content. In all of her work, Engelman is searching for beauty, hope, and transcendence.
The present exhibition features five works from Engelman’s 2003–04 “Echo Sonata” series, which she created following numerous trips to Japan with her husband between 1975 and 1999. This series was inspired by the art of 17th-century Japanese calligrapher renowned for his fluid and graceful style, Hon’ami Koetsu (1558–1637).
Engelman is a University of Rochester alumna, and currently lives and works in New York,