RMSC Science on the Edge Lecture
- Dates: April 23, 2020
- Start Time: 7:30 PM
- End Time: 9:00 PM
- Times: From: 07:30 PM to 09:00 PM
- Admission: Adults: $15RMSC Member Adults: $13Students through grade 12 or college students with valid college ID: $11RMSC Employees, Docents/Volunteers, Rochester Engineering Society: $3
- Location: Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Address: 657 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-2177
- Phone: (585) 697-1974
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: https://rmsc.org/science-museum/programs-and-events/item/128-science-on-the-edge-lectures
How AI (Artificial Intelligence) is Affecting Us
Speaker: Raymond Ptucha, Associate Professor, Director, Machine Intelligence Lab, Computer Engineering Dept, RIT
Enjoy a lecture, Museum exploration, and meeting with the speakers in a unique after-hours experience. Seating is limited, pre-registration is highly encouraged. Call 585.697.1942 to register, or get tickets at online.
Museum opens at 5:30pm before the start of each lecture.
Science on the Edge lectures are supported in part by the Richard C. Shultz Endowment Fund.
Recent discoveries in deep learning have revolutionized the AI community, creating crucial breakthroughs in pattern recognition and automated systems. Success in this space spans many domains including object detection, classification, speech recognition, natural language processing, action recognition, and scene understanding. In targeted scenarios, results often surpass the abilities of humans. This talk will take a peek under the hood at how these methods work, and discover how they are changing the landscape of our lives and setting the stage for the a huge leap in quality of life.