Pysanky: Ukrainian Egg Dying
- Dates: October 20, 2018
- Start Time: 1:00 PM
- End Time: 3:30 PM
- Times: From: 01:00 PM to 03:30 PM
- Admission: $20/person (Recommended for Adults)https://11302.blackbaudhosting.com/11302/tickets?tab=2&txobjid=aff71fe5-057f-428a-a59b-46069377b48e
- Location: Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Address: 6472 Gulick Road Rochester, NY 14512
- Web Site: https://www.rmsc.org
Pysanky is the traditional Ukrainian art of dying eggs using a wax-resist method. In this class, learn how to apply melted wax onto the surface of a raw egg with a stylus, also known as a kistka. The wax is melted by using a candle, and dyes are used to apply color to the eggshell. Alternate between applying wax and submerging the egg in dyes until your final design is achieved.
Depending on the complexity of the design you choose, the length of time to complete an egg can vary. All tools and materials will be provided. No art experience is necessary—just patience and a willingness to learn a new craft!
Photo by Luba Petrusha