Preparing for the Holidays - the 19th Century Way
- Dates: November 18, 2017
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission: $10 adults; all kids 18 & under are free! Crafts at Christmas program is $5 per craft.
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road PO Box 310 Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: (585) 294-8218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.gcv.org/EventCalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eid=27
19th century families needed to start early if they were going to be ready for the holidays. Share in that age-old experience, as Genesee Country Village & Museum presents Preparing for the Holidays the 19th-Century Way. There were candles to be made, root cellars to be filled and meats to be processed. Most of the family pitched in to create the decorations that would bedeck their homes. Finally came many hours of cooking and baking. It was a special family time. Activities will include tastings; soap making; sausage stuffing; smoking meats and other meat preserving; candle making; wool spinning; gift making and more! Don't forget to make handmade crafts at the Christmas for Christmas program in our warm and cozy Meeting Center!