Pegasus Presents: Dido and Aeneas
- Start Time: 8:00 PM
- End Time: 11:00 PM
- Admission: Patron - $100 (includes tax-deductible donation of $65 to Pegasus Early Music and Preferred Seating in Hart Theater) Regular - $35 Students - $20
- Location: Hart Theater at the Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center
- Address: Rochester, NY 14618
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.pegasusearlymusic.org/opera/
The first English opera, composed in 1688 and still fresh, tuneful and engaging, tells the story of Dido, Queen of Carthage, and her doomed relationship with the Trojan Prince Aeneas, bound by fate to abandon her for Italy. In the course of the drama we also meet a wicked sorceress, a drunken sailor, and various witches, spirits, and courtiers, all wrapped in emotionally affecting music from heartbreaking to comedic.
With Grammy-award winner Virginia Warnken as Dido; Jesse Blumberg as Aeneas; Laura Heimes as Belinda; Luthien Brackett as the Sorceress; and more. Directed by Andrew Eggert; musical direction by Michael Beattie; design by Julia Noulin-Merat.