- Dates: May 12, 2017 - May 21, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: 10:30am-8:30pm Daily
- Admission: Free
- Location: Lilac Festival
- Phone: (585) 473-4482
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.rochesterevents.com/festivals-events/lilac-festival
The largest 10-day free festival of its kind in North America the Rochester Lilac Festival welcomes more than 500,000 attendees annually. Visitors come to Rochester’s famous Highland Park, designed by famed landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted, to experience the incredible beauty and intense fragrance of more than 500 varieties of lilacs on 1,200 plants.
Alongside the largest lilac collection in North America, visitors enjoy non-stop entertainment, a wide variety of foods, and one-of-a-kind shopping. Special events inside the festival include the televised Lilac Parade, Garden Battles, Seniors Day, Lilac 10K and 5K races and new this year: the Lilac Craft Beverage Expo. The Craft Beverage Expo is a three-day tasting event and celebration of New York State beer, wine, cider and spirits.