I'm Every Woman: Fashion of the Ages
- Dates: August 2, 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Recurrence: Recurring every week day
- Start Time: 6:00 PM
- End Time: 9:00 PM
- Admission: FREE
- Location: Genesee Center for the Arts & Education
- Address: 713 Monroe Ave Rochester, NY 14607
- Phone: (585) 271-5920
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: https://www.rochesterarts.org/events/im-every-woman-fashion-of-the-ages-2016/
Reception: Friday September 2nd, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. in Photography Galleries, Genesee Center for the Arts & Education, 713 Monroe Ave, Rochester NY
I’m Every Woman: Fashion of the Ages, an exhibition of new work by photographer Floyd Gibson, portrays women's fashions from the 1920's through the 1970's in the categories of evening wear, casual wear, and swimwear. The collection showcases fashion for the average woman during those decades and highlights the individualism, attitudes, and approach to dress during this time.
Floyd was inspired to create this project while watching old movies on the Turner Classic Movie channel. This caused him to reflect on female fashion of “average women” realizing that fashion can be viewed as art, with the human body as the canvas representing class, career, and imagination.