Holly Trolley Rides
- Dates: December 4, 2016 - December 18, 2016
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday
- Start Time: 11:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 AM
- Times: From: 11:00:00 to 04:00:00
- Admission: $8 adults; $7 seniors age 65+; $6 youths age 3 - 12
- Location: New York Museum of Transportation
- Address: 6393 East River Road West Henrietta, NY 14586
- Phone: (585) 533-1113
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.nymtmuseum.org
Santa still uses reindeer power, but visitors to the New York Museum of Transportation can enjoy a ride on an authentic vintage trolley car, Sundays, December 4, 11 and 18. Rides operate every half-hour, starting at 11:30 a.m., and are included with admission to the museum (open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.). No reservations are required. * Santa Claus will be in attendance, greeting all the “good little girls and boys”!
The only trolley railroad in New York State provides a two-mile round-trip ride, recalling another era when families rode the big trolleys from their rural homes to do their holiday shopping in the city. Featured among the museum’s exhibits is Rochester & Eastern interurban trolley car 157 which once carried such passengers between Geneva and Rochester. Nothing says Christmas like model trains, and the museum’s large model railroad will be operating several trains at one time.
Other museum highlights include several trolley cars, a steam locomotive, fire truck and numerous exhibits of model trains, period photographs and historic transportation artifacts.The museum is located at 6393 East River Road, West Henrietta, NY. Take I-390 south to exit 11, NY Rt. 251 West, then 1 mile north on East River Road. Admission, including trolley ride, is $8 adults, $7 seniors 65 and over, $6 age 3 - 12. (585) 533-1113.