Holiday Open House
- Dates: December 16, 2018
- Start Time: 11:00 AM
- End Time: 3:00 PM
- Times: From: 11:00 AM to 03:00 PM
- Admission: General Admission Pricing: $10 adults/$8 youth (4-17). Kids 3 and under are free.Museum Member Pricing: $8 adults/$6 youth (4-17). Kids 3 and under free.
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: 585-294-8218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: https://www.gcv.org/events/yuletide-open-house/
Bring your family for self-guided tours through our historic homes that are warmed by fires and alive with holiday lights, candles, and traditional decorations. Experience music, sample foods, and enjoy a visit with St. Nick. Smell the aroma of fresh-baked Christmas cookies and taste special holiday treats— light fare, snacks and drinks will be available for purchase in the Banquet Center. You may also find that special holiday gift at the Flint Hill Store (open all day).
Don't miss this magical event!
Village activities include:
-Learn about tree lighting traditions at the Foster House
-Listen to festive music in the Brooks Grove Church
-Scrumptious Christmas foods will be on display in the Livingston-Backus kitchen
-Learn about shopping and mailing packages in Altay Store
-Hear what it was like to travel for the holidays at Hosmer’s Inn
-See how residents decorated in the 1870s in the Hyde “Octagon” House
-Visit with Saint Nick at Jones Farm and pose for a photo with him
-Watch as clothes are sewn for the winter at the Tailor Shop
Due to the uneven walkways and snowy streets, this self-guided program is not recommended for those with walking difficulties.