Growing up in a Frank Lloyd Wright House
- Dates: July 28, 2019
- Start Time: 2:00 PM
- End Time: 3:00 PM
- Times: From: 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- Admission: Included with museum admission
- Location: Memorial Art Gallery
- Address: 500 University Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-1484
- Phone: (585) 276-8900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://mag.rochester.edu
Enjoy a multimedia presentation on Growing Up in a Frank Lloyd Wright House, the latest book by Kim Bixler.
Bixler recounts the joys and pitfalls of owning and living in a Wright-designed home. Living with the public’s curiosity, playing hide-and-seek, coping with the habitually leaky roof and managing constant renovations make this an unforgettable story.
Kim Bixler’s family owned Frank Lloyd Wright’s 1908 Edward E. Boynton House in Rochester, New York, from 1977 to 1994. The Boynton House is one of Wright’s stunning prairie-style private homes. During its construction, the world-renowned architect was frequently on-site, supervising all details, including the design of the furniture (seventeen pieces still remain in the house).