Glengarry Glen Ross
- Dates: February 2, 2018 - February 18, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Times: Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Friday and Saturdays at 8 p.m., Sundays at 2 p.m.
- Admission: $28.50-$36.50
- Location: Blackfriars Theatre
- Address: 795 E. Main Street Rochester, NY 14605
- Phone: 585 454 1260
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://www.blackfriars.org/glengarry-glen-ross
Widely considered one of David Mamet’s greatest works, Glengarry Glen Ross is rooted in his experience working at a real estate office on the North Side of Chicago in 1969. “I sold worthless land in Arizona to elderly people,” the playwright told the San Diego Reader. Years later, he used this experience to shape Glengarry’s seedy salesmen desperate to earn a buck. "This play is very much about work and about how one is altered by one's job,” Mamet said. -- excerpt from the article: Expletives, Awards and Star Power: Why Glengarry Glen Ross Sells as a Modern American Classic - by Josh Ferri
WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?
The Pulitzer Prize and Tony-winning comedy is Mamet at his very best - writing about small-time, cutthroat real estate salesmen trying to grind out a living by pushing plots of land on reluctant buyers in a never-ending scramble for their share of the American Dream.