Ganondagan Native American Dance & Music Festival and Art Market
- Dates: July 28, 2018 - July 29, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: 10 am - 4 pm
- Admission: Admission is free for Friends of Ganondagan members and children under two years of age. Non-member admission prices are: $12/general; $10/seniors (62+); $7/students (18+) with ID; $5/children (3-17).
- Location: Ganondagan State Historic Site
- Address: 7000 County Road 41 Victor, NY 14564
- Phone: (585) 742-1690
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://www.ganondagan.org
Actor/Singer Gary Farmer and his band “The Troublemakers” make their Ganondagan debut at the 27th Annual Native American Dance & Music Festival. In keeping with Friends of Ganondagan’s commitment to demonstrating and highlighting the vibrancy of living Native American culture, this year’s Native American Dance & Music Festival brings actor and vocalist Gary Farmer (Cayuga, Wolf Clan) with his blues band, “The Troublemakers.” They will perform both festival days, Saturday and Sunday, July 28 and 29, 2018.
Paired with contemporary entertainers will be additional daily performances by the Allegany River Dancers in regalia led by singer Bill Crouse (Seneca); traditional artisan demonstrators; Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) storytelling, family programming at the Family Discovery Tent, vendors at the popular Native American Arts Market, tours of the Bark Longhouse replica and the Seneca Art & Culture Center—including the new exhibit Hodinöhsö:ni’ Women: From the Time of Creation—guided trail walks, food, and raffle opportunities.