Focus 45: Nicholas M. Graver, Skylight Photo Studios of the Finger Lakes
- Dates: December 9, 2017
- Start Time: 12:00 PM
- Times: Starting: 12:00 PM
- Admission: Free to members; included with museum admission
- Location: George Eastman Museum
- Address: 900 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-2298
- Web Site: https://www.eastman.org/event/talks/focus-45-nicholas-m-graver-skylight-photo-studios-finger-lakes
Before electricity, early photography studios were illuminated by large skylights. Some of these historic buildings still stand, and traces of their original details remain visible. Photographic antiquarian Nicholas M. Graver has been conducting research on these locations throughout the Finger Lakes for more than forty years. Join us as he takes us on a digital tour of these unique studios and discusses their importance to the history of photography in our region.
Free to members; included with museum admission.