Fall Festival & Agricultural Fair
- Dates: October 6, 2018 - October 7, 2018
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission: Adults $22. Senior Citizens (62+) & College Students w/ID $19. All kids 17 & under are FREE.
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: (585) 294-8218
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: https://www.gcv.org/events/fall-festival-agricultural-fair/
Gather the family, cook up your famous fruit preserves, make your shopping list and head to the fair - it's the highlight of the harvest season.
- Experience the spirit of a 19th-century magic show
- Attend a Punch & Judy puppet show
- Tours of the museum's 19th-century fully-functioning brewery throughout the day
- Have your fortune read by a 19th-century fortune teller
- In the 1800s, the shape of the skull was believed to indicate one's character traits; learn how to do a reading on your friends and family at the Phrenology Tent
- As was common at 19th-century fairs, museum vintage base ball teams will square off for the Mayor’s Cup Championship trophy
- Don't forget to stop at the Market Tent with vendors offering specialty items, all grown or made right here in Western New York
There are exhibitions in more than 150 categories of judged baked goods, preserves, hand-made needlecrafts and the industrial arts—including tin, iron and wooden wares; pottery; cooperage (barrel making); printing; and broom and soap making.
Eye-catching 19th-century vegetables, many of them unfamiliar to modern gardeners, will also be found in a special vegetable and floral tent.
Prize-winning sheep, oxen, and cows will be on display. Take in a poultry show, sponsored by the Rochester Poultry Association (Saturday) and a Myotonic "Fainting" Goat Club Show (Sunday).