Fall Festival & Agricultural Fair
- Dates: September 30, 2017 - October 1, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission: Adults (19-61) $22. Senior Citizens (62+) & College Students w/ID $19. Youth (4-18) $14. Kids 3 & under free.
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road PO Box 310 Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: (585) 294-8218
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.gcv.org/EventCalendar/EventDetails.aspx?eid=23
Gather the family, cook up your famous fruit preserves, make your shopping list and head to the fair - it's the highlight of the harvest season.
Experience the spirit of a 19th-century magic show
Visit the Hall of the Wonders - a traveling artifact museum - showcasing macabre items on display from the past
Attend a Punch & Judy puppet show
Tours of the museum's 19th-century fully-functioning brewery throughout the day
Enjoy a concert by the museum's vocal group The Genesee Harmonic Society
Have your fortune read by a 19th-century fortune teller
In the 1800s, the shape of the skull was believed to indicate one's character traits; learn how to do a reading on your friends and family at the Phrenology Tent
As was common at 19th-century fairs, museum vintage base ball teams will square off for the Mayor’s Cup Championship trophy
Don't forget to stop at the Market Tent with vendors offering specialty items, all grown or made right here in Western New York
There are exhibitions in more than 150 categories of judged baked goods, preserves, hand-made needlecrafts and the industrial arts—including tin, iron and wooden wares; pottery; cooperage (barrel making); printing; and broom and soap making.
Eye-catching 19th-century vegetables, many of them unfamiliar to modern gardeners, will also be found in a special vegetable and floral tent.
Prize-winning sheep, oxen, and cows will be on display, in addition to a poultry show, sponsored by the Rochester Poultry Assn. On Saturday watch the goat show and competition hosted by the Genesee Valley Dairy Goat Club.