Fabric of Survival: The Art of Esther Nisenthal Krinitz
- Dates: August 17, 2018 - December 2, 2018
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Admission: Included with Museum Admission
- Location: Memorial Art Gallery
- Address: 500 University Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-1484
- Phone: (585) 276-8900
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://mag.rochester.edu/exhibitions/fabric-of-survival-the-art-of-esther-nisenthal-krinitz/
August 17–December 2, 2018
Esther Nisenthal Krinitz was 15 in 1942 when the war came to her Polish village. She remembers every detail through a series of exquisitely embroidered fabric collages. Her art is an eyewitness account of tragedy and healing. Listen in to the Rochester Jewish Film Festival interview on Connections with WXXI’s Evan Dawson.
Shown: Depths of the Forest, (detail) Embroidery and fabric collage, 1994.