Elements of the Extreme
- Dates: November 11, 2016 - April 23, 2017
- Recurrence: Recurring daily
- Admission: Visit www.rmsc.org for admission information.
- Location: Rochester Museum & Science Center
- Address: 657 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-2177
- Phone: 585.271.4320
- Web Site: http://www.rmsc.org/science-museum/exhibits/item/317-elements-of-the-extreme
Take an unexpected journey through the most powerful forces on the planet—earth, water, air and fire. Essential for life, capable of destruction and fuel for innovation, these four “classical elements” shape life as we know it. Immerse yourself in an edgy new exhibition, Elements of the Extreme, and discover how incredible adaptations to the unique properties of earth, water, air and fire enable life on our planet to survive and flourish.
Wildly unsafe in their extreme forms, earth, water, air and fire have sparked unbelievable plant and animal adaptations and inspired some of our greatest technological and artistic achievements. Some include the inventions of armor, airplanes and steam engines. Get hands-on with science as you explore the amazing properties of these elements and marvel at rare natural science, history and ethnology objects pulled from our collection vaults. As you delve into this original, internally developed exhibition, discover the results of biological and cultural innovation that protect you and other species from imminent danger.