Eastman Presents: Orchestra dell'Accademia di Santa Cecilia - Rome, with pianist Beatrice Rana
- Dates: October 23, 2017
- Start Time: 8:00 PM
- End Time: 10:00 PM
- Times: From: 08:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Admission: $26 - $81, available online at www.EastmanTheatre.org, by calling (585) 274-3000, or at the Eastman Theatre Box Office (433 East Main Street).
- Location: Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre
- Address: 26 Gibbs Street Rochester, NY 14604-2599
- Phone: 585-274-3000
- Email: email@example.com
- Web Site: http://eastmantheatre.org/events/santa-cecilia/
Orchestra dell'Accademia di Santa Cecilia - Rome
Antonio Pappano, conductor
Beatrice Rana, piano
Verdi: Aida Sinfonia
Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No. 3
Respighi: Fountains of Rome
Respighi: Pines of Rome
Officially founded in 1585 by Pope Sixtus V, the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia is one of the oldest musical institutions in the world. Based in Rome, the Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia was established in 1908, becoming the first Italian orchestra to devote itself to the symphonic repertoire. The Orchestra is led by Sir Antonio Pappano, one of today’s most sought-after conductors, acclaimed for his charismatic leadership and artistry in symphonic and operatic repertoires. Joining the Orchestra dell’Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia is rising star pianist Beatrice Rana.
This performance is also part of the Fernando Laires Piano Series.