Day of Compassion
- Dates: January 20, 2020
- Start Time: 11:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: From: 11:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission: Age 2 and older $16, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
- Location: The Strong Museum
- Address: One Manhattan Square Rochester, NY 14607-3998
- Phone: (585) 263-2700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: http://www.museumofplay.org
Commemorate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. with performances and activities focused on treating people with compassion. Enjoy the interactive play Go Home Tiny Monster presented by Puppet Showplace Theater. Follow Sylvie and her family of creatures as they search for a new home after being displaced in a show filled with comedy and live music. Explore your feelings with the book Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberly and Anne Miranda, and create a monster mask just like the book. Meet members of Alfred University’s Art Force Five, a group that travels the country paying tribute to empowerment icons such as Harlem Renaissance leaders, suffragists, and more. See the group's display of mosaic portraits and paint a tile to add to the art piece. Included with general museum admission.