Artist's Talk: Jason Lazarus
- Dates: November 17, 2016
- Start Time: 6:00 PM
- End Time: 8:00 PM
- Times: From: 06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
- Admission: Members free$10 Nonmembers $5 Students
- Location: George Eastman Museum
- Address: 900 East Avenue Rochester, NY 14607-2298
- Web Site: https://www.eastman.org/event/talks/artists-talk-jason-lazarus-gestures-toward-photographic
Working with photography as an expanded field, Jason Lazarus will trace multiple projects that rely on found images and text, including his installation T.H.T.K. (Rochester), on view in A Matter of Memory: Photography as Object in the Digital Age. Since 2010, Lazarus has been collecting photographs from the public that are deemed too hard to keep and too painful to destroy. Other objects that appear in the T.H.T.K. archive include undeveloped rolls of film, photo albums, slides, photos printed on objects, and more. Visitors are encouraged to donate any photographic ephemera they wish to the collection, which may appear in future installations.
Exhibitions open until 8 p.m.