- Dates: June 23, 2018 - June 24, 2018
- Start Time: 10:00 AM
- End Time: 4:00 PM
- Times: From: 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
- Admission: Adults $22; Senior Citizens (62+) & College Students w/ ID $19; Youth (4-17) $14; Kids 3 & under free
- Location: Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Address: 1410 Flint Hill Road PO Box 310 Mumford, NY 14511-0310
- Phone: (585) 538-6822
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Site: https://www.gcv.org/events/war-of-1812-jane-austen-weekend/
The Historic Village comes to life with re-enactors portraying shopkeepers, housewives, merchants and soldiers amidst the sounds of fifes and drums; cannons and muskets; and Austen-era music and dancing.
Eclipsed by the bloodshed of the Civil War, and often overlooked in the aftermath of two World Wars, the “Forgotten” War of 1812 is revisited at Genesee Country Village & Museum.
The weekend will be devoted to activities that recall those harrowing days when the United States was young. The museum’s Historic Village will be populated by visiting War of 1812 reenactors, who will offer insight into the impact of the conflict on the region. There will also be a special focus on Jane Austen and the Regency Era, exploring its fashions and fascinations. Enjoy performances by musicians from Old Fort Niagara, a dance demonstration by the Country Dancers of Rochester, a Jane Austen fashion show daily at noon and much more!