Atlantic Hockey Championship Returns to Rochester
Tuesday, March 14, 2017 1:00 PM by Visit Rochester Staff
Each March the top 4 teams in the Atlantic Hockey Conference take to the ice at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, N.Y., for the Atlantic Hockey Championship. Fans, friends and family traveling to Rochester for the Atlantic Hockey finals will find lots of things to see and do, places to stay, places to eat, and much more.
Congratulations to the 4 finalist teams:
Air Force, Army, Canisus and Robert Morris.
Where to Stay
- The Hyatt Regency Rochester is the official host hotel for the Championship. Athletes, fans, and family can get an special discount rate.
What You Need to Know
Atlantic Hockey Championship is taking place at the Blue Cross Arena, March 17-18, 2017
- Wegmans is the official ticket sponsor of the Atlantic Hockey Championship. Visitors can purchase discount tickets at all of their Rochester area stores.
- Tickets will also be available at the Blue Cross Arena Box Office – 100 Exchange Blvd., Rochester, NY 14614.
- Game Times at the Blue Cross Arena: March 17th (Semi-finals) game times ate 4:30 PM and 8:00 PM. March 18th (Championship) game time is 7:30 PM.
While You Are Visiting
Rochester is home to many extraordinary attractions for visitors to enjoy before game time.
- The Strong, National Museum of Play: Come play all day at upstate New York’s largest year-round family attraction and the only museum in the world devoted solely to the study of play. More than 150,000 square feet of extraordinary exhibits invite you to step onto Sesame Street, walk down the Yellow Brick Road, run a kids market, attend Super Powers school, play your way through the history of video games, visit the Berenstain Bears, and more.
- Rochester Museum & Science Center: Hands-on educational fun for the entire family, exploring science and technology, the natural environment, and our region's cultural heritage, at the RMSC Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium and Cumming Nature Center.
- George Eastman Museum: National Historic Landmark home and gardens of Kodak founder George Eastman and world-renowned international museum of photography and film. Tour several galleries of photography and cameras, plus enjoy films Tuesday through Sunday evenings in the historic 500-seat Dryden Theatre.
- Memorial Art Gallery: The gallery's collection spans 50 centuries of world art and includes masterworks by artists such as Monet, Cézanne, Matisse, Homer and Cassatt.
- Susan B. Anthony Museum & House: This National Landmark was once the home of Susan B. Anthony and played a central role in the woman's sufferage movement. Discover the inspirational story of Susan B. Anthony and others who worked tirelessly for the rights of all Americans to vote, have access to education, earn a fair wage and more.
Where to Eat
Also Read some of Visit Rochester's recent local food guides.
- Where to Find Poutine in Rochester
- Visitors Guide to the Garbage Plate
- 11 Places You Should be Thinking About for Brunch
- 7 Irish Pubs to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day
The Atlantic Hockey Championship rounds in Rochester, features the 4 best teams from tournament play, with 2 semifinal games played on Friday night and the Conference championship game on Saturday night. The overall winner of the Conference Championship receives a bid to the NCAA Tournament and a shot at the National Championship.